A brief history of WWE Founded by Jess McMahon in 1952, WWE is the world’s largest professional wrestling organization. Capital Wrestling Corporation (CWF) was the company’s previous name. The second son of his deceased wife, Vincent J. McMahon. The WWWF was renamed World Wide Wrestling Federation in 1963 after he inherited the business. In 1971, his son Vincent K. McMohan assumed control.
The World Wrestling Federation (WWF) was renamed in March 1979 by him. Titan Sports was founded by Vincent K. McMahon in 1980, and the WWF trademark was applied for by him. In 2002, World Wildlife Foundation sued the company over the initials of WWF and they changed its name to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). On May 06, 2002, the name change became official. Overview of time1952 The Capitol Wrestling Corporation (CWC) is founded by Jess McMahon and Toots Mondt. A number of other wrestling organizations are part of the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA).
Here Is A Brief History Of WWE
- 1963 After the NWA World Heavyweight Championship was disputed, the CWC left the NWA and created the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) in the Process.
- 1963 Buddy Rogers becomes the first WWF champion
- 1963 Bruno Sammartino wins the title and retains it for 2,803 days.
- 1969 During the promotion of his father, Vincent J. McMahon, Vincent K. McMahon also becomes a member.
- 1971 McMahon’s son Vincent J. takes over the rise from his father
- Vincent K. McMahon renames 1979 The World Wrestling Federation (WWF) after his father.
- 1980 The WWF trademark was applied for by Vincent K. McMahon and his wife, Linda McMohan.
- 1983 Vince purchases Capitol Sports from his father, who owns WWF
- 1983 The Company’s vision changes. He aims to break away from the NWA and make it a national promotion. A separate legal entity was what he wanted for the company.
- 1983 Vince signs landmark TV deals that will bring WWF to the United States.
- 1984 At Madison Square Garden, Hulk Hogan defeats the Iron Shiek in the main event.
- As wrestling goes mainstream with the arrival of Hulk Hogan, the Golden Age of Wrestling begins.
- 1985 Celebrities such as Mr. T, Mohammed Ali, Cyndi Lauper, and Liberace attend Wrestlemania. Success abounds.
- 1985 The company’s appeal is a result of McMahon’s focus on entertainment rather than wrestling. A number of PPVs are added to the mix, including SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, and The King of the Ring.
- 1993 The WWF launches Monday Night Raw on the USA Network.
- 1993 The Undertaker, Diesel, Razor Ramon, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and others also rise at this time.
- 1993 The same year, Hulk Hogan signed with World Championship Wrestling (WCW).
- 1995 WCW introduces Monday Nitro on TNT, going head-to-head with RAW in the first Monday Night Wars.
- 1997 A new era of edgier characters begins with Vince’s Attitude Era. During this time, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind, HHH, Kurt Angle, Degeneration X, and The Nation of Domination emerged
- 1998 After 84 straight weeks, Raw finally defeats Nitro and continues to dominate
1999 UPN launches Smackdown
- 1999 The WWE goes public, and it is listed on the NYSE
- 2001 WCW is purchased by the WWF, becoming the world’s largest wrestling promotion
- 2002 The World Wildlife Fund sued WWF in 2002 over its initials, and WWF lost. This forces the company to rebrand as World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
- 2008 In the Ruthless Aggression Era, the company moved away from edgier content and toward a family-friendly audience. The PG era will be known by fans as the era of this generation’s poster boy John Cena.s generation.
- 2014 According to fans, this is the beginning of the Reality Era, in which real-life events become storylines. Along with Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan emerges as the face of this era.
- 2016 There has never been a time in the company’s history where women have been pushed to the forefront like now.
- 2016 Smackdown and Raw become separate brands with their own championships.
- 2018 On Raw, the first ever Women’s PPV is announced for October 28, 2018.
Also Read | 6 WWE Wrestlers Roman Reigns Is Friends With & 5 He Hates in Real Life